American Airlines Flights Reservations 2020
One should know about the airline and its policies before booking a flight ticket. The passengers, if planning a trip, should be well aware of the services provided by the airlines. The research done before booking the flight helps you not to be disappointed later. So, if the passengers are planning to travel by American Airlines, then they should be totally familiar with its policies and with the process of booking. let us know something about the airline.
American airline, headquartered in Texas, is the largest airline in terms of its fleet size, revenue, scheduled passengers carried, scheduled passenger-kilometers flew and a number of destinations it has served. The number of flights operating on a daily basis is approximately 6700 that includes both domestic and international networks. It also serves around 350 destinations in more than 50 countries.
This is the reason that the passengers are attracted to this airline and go for American Airlines booking rather than booking their flight tickets in any other airline. but, some passengers are actually unaware of the booking process. For them, we are here with the booking process of American Airlines. if we see, the passengers have the option of calling the customer care to book their flight. Yet, the passengers should be familiar with the online process to make the booking.
American Airlines Booking process:
The steps to do the booking are as follows. The passengers can refer to these pointers and can book their flight:
- Open the official website of American Airlines and click on “Find flights” on the home screen of the website.
- You will see the option of filling the required details of your trip that comprises “Round trip” and “One way”. You have to choose one.
- Then, you are required to fill in the place of leaving and arrival along with the passengers traveling and the date of travel. Now, the passenger has to click on Search.
- A page will open with the list of flights. Choose the flight and click on Continue.
- This will open a form that has to be filled by the passengers. It includes the personal details of the passengers. Fill the form and click on Continue.
- In the next step, you have to pay for the flight you want to book. You can choose the mode of payment and complete the payment.
- This will complete the process of booking. You will be mailed about the detail of the flight booked and the confirmation on your registered email address.
- This was the process of booking a flight. However, if a passenger falls in a condition of canceling the flight, then s/he should know about the guidelines of cancellation of the flight ticket. S/he can also call on American Airline reservations.
The American Airlines Cancellation Policy:
It is necessary for the passengers to be aware of the cancellation policy before canceling the ticket. Let us, therefore, take a look at the cancellation policy.
- The passengers will have the time of 1 year to use the credit if they cancelled the itinerary.
- The passengers are not allowed to take the refund of the non-refundable ticket except in the case where the ticket is cancelled within 24 hours of the purchase. The non-refundable ticket can be
- refunded in the case of the death of the passenger or the companion of the passenger.
- The passengers will get a refund in 7 to 20 working days if eligible.
- The passengers will lose the value of the entire ticket if they cancel the itinerary in less than 3 hours of the scheduled flight.
- If the passengers have purchased the paper ticket, then they have to mail in order to get a refund of the ticket. To cancel the domestic electronic ticket purchased directly from the website, they have to go online.
Talking about the baggage allowed in the airline, there are proper rules and guidelines that the passengers should follow to carry the baggage during their trip. The passengers should be known with the American Airlines baggage policy. They can also contact the customer care executive to know more about the policy.
The American Airlines baggage policy:
The baggage policy of American Airlines can be explained below. These rules should be taken into consideration by the passengers before taking their flight.
- The baggage policy of American Airlines includes carry-on baggage, 1 personal item, and 1 carry-on item, checked baggage and sports equipment.
- Talking about the policy of carry-on baggage, the size of carry-on baggage should be 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or (56 x 36 x 23 cm) that includes wheels and handles.
- It should fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- The maximum dimensions for the checked baggage should be 62 inches or 157 centimeters and the maximum weight should be 50 pounds or 23 kilograms.
The passengers are free to contact the American Airlines customer service for more information about the policies and processes. They will get clear assistance from there that will resolve all their doubts.