How Do I Sync Email Across All My Apple Devices?
Using a single computer for email and downloading all messages onto that computer is old-fashioned nowadays. Now all of us are using multiple devices to check our emails. We expect to see the same messages sorted into the same mailboxes with the same status – whether it is read, unread, forwarded, flagged, or replied. You don’t need to sync anything if you always use a Web browser to check your emails. But the synchronization is essential if you use a client app on iOS or OS X such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird to check your emails. Hence, this is a perfect guide for you if you are asking how do I sync email across all my Apple devices.
How to sync email with iCloud?
- Go to System Preferences if you want to sync your Apple Mail with Mac computer. Then you need to select iCloud. Here you are urged to make sure that you are signed in, and Mail is chosen.
- Go to Settings if you want to sync your Mail app with iOS Device. Then you need to select iCloud. Here you are urged to make sure that the Mail is turned on.
- Go to the app’s account settings if you want to sync your email with other IMAP Client. Here you either need to select an existing iCloud account or create a new account. Fill in your settings then.
How to sync email with Google?
- Did you enable your Google account?
- Log in to your Gmail account now
- Open the gear icon and choose Settings
- Then you need to click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Is Enable IMAP selected? Confirm it
- Leave other settings unchanged
- Now configure the IMAP account in your preferred email client
- Use your full Gmail address as the username
- Use imap.gmail.com as IMAP server address
- Use smtp.gmail.com as SMTP server address
How to sync email with Exchange?
- Go to System Preferences if you want to sync your Apple Mail with Mac computer. It will insist you to select Internet Accounts. Click Exchange if your account is not listed here. Now you are urged to click Exchange and follow the on-screen instructions to configure it. Then you can check your email with Apple Mail.
- Go to Settings if you want to sync your Mail app with iOS Device. Then go for the selection of Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click on Add Account If your account is not listed here. Select Exchange and follow the on-screen instructions. Now you can use your Mail app to check your email.
- Go to Tools if you want to sync Outlook with Mac. The selection of Accounts is suggested to you then. Click on the plus button and choose Exchange from the pop-up menu. Then you are urged to follow the on-screen instructions to configure your account.
How to use server-side filters for iCloud?
- Open your web browser
- Log in to iCloud.com
- Navigate to the Gear menu
- Select Mail, and from this menu
- Now you need to choose Preferences
- Rules to set up rules
The process is slightly different in the case of Gmail which starts with Gmail account login. Navigate to the gear icon after you have made your account login. Choose Settings and then click on the Filters icon. It will allow you to select the Blocked Addresses option.