How to Change Comcast WiFi Password? Find Every Possible Solutions
Xfinity gateway comes has default WiFi network and Password. If your have never changed default Wi -Fi network name and password, then, you need to retrieve default Wi -Fi information on the side or bottom panel of the Gateway.
If the password has been changed from default settings, there are multiple ways to access the information which have been given following:
- Xfinity My Account online.
- Xfinity My Account app for mobile devices.
- Xfinity wireless Gateway Admin tool.
Dual band functionality 2.4GHz and 5GHz functionality are provided by Xfinity gateways and it also provides the ability to broadcast two networks. For xFi Gateway (models TG682G, DPC3941T, TG3482G) you can use same network name and password for both bands.
If you need to know how to change Comcast wifi password, you can go through following settings:
With My Comcast Account Online:
You can access the Wi -fi information via My Account with the web browser on the desktop, laptop or mobile devices:
- Go to comcast website.
- Log into My Account.
- If you are unable to recall Xfinity username and password, you can reset the password.
- Click on Settings on the page top.
- Click on Manage settings which you can see on the right side or you can get it by scrolling down and selecting the Manage Internet tile.
- Click on Wi -Fi network and password.
- Click Edit.
- Here, one can change Wi -Fi network and password
With Xfinity My Account App for mobile devices, you can change Comcast password :
- Download the Xfinity app for apple or android device.
- Log into Xfinity My Account.
- On the bottom navigational menu, you are required to click on Internet.
- When you need to make an Edit, you are required to click on individual Gateway image.
- You can view Wi -Fi information by clicking on Show Wi -Fi settings.
- Modify the settings by clicking on Change Wi -Fi settings.
Following setting process also provides Xfinity customers the capability to personalize and control home Wi -Fi experience.
Change the Settings with Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin tool:
- Log into your account on Xfinity xFi app or on the official website of Xfinity.
- Go to the Overview page topo which Wi -Fi name gets displayed. If you need to see the password, you can touch or click on Show password.
- You can also make changes by touching or clicking on Show passwords.
- You can make changes by touching or clicking on Edit Wi -Fi.
- Click on Apply Changes once updates have been performed.
If you need to access the Wi -Fi information, you can access it via menu of X1 TV Box:
- On the remote control of X1 TV, you need to press Xfinity button.
- Select the Apps icon.
- In the Apps icon, you are required to scroll down to Xfinity row, now, select Xfinity xFi app.
- Also, you are required to select Show Wi -Fi password.
If you are required to pause Wi -Fi access for a specific device or group of devices, all you are required to do is go to People and Devices.
Go through following to know how to Change Comcast WiFi Password if you are internet subscribers without xFi:
- On the remote, press the xfinity button.
- In the menu given, scroll to the right. Now, select the Gear icon.
- In the menu bar, you need to scroll down.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- In the menu bar, you are required to scroll down.
- Click on Help.
- Under the Help section, go to the Troubleshooting option.
- In the Troubleshooting section, select the Wi -Fi tile and scroll to the right.
- You are displayed Wi -Fi network name and password.
You can go through following to know how to Change Comcast WiFi Password, using Xfinity wireless gateway admin tool:
- Connect to the Internet network.
- Open a web browser.
- Go to the Admin tool which is the Administration site of wireless gateway.
- You need to enter default settings.
- Click on Log In.
- Go to the left navigation menu and select Gateway.
- After selecting Gateway, select Connection and then Wi -Fi.
- Go to the Private Wi -Fi network where you can see the name (SSID) of the Wi -Fi network.
- Click on Edit.
- If it prompts up two network name, you can click on Edit for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands and you can view the settings of each band
- Now, you are required to check the box which is next to Show Network Password and it displays password.
- Click on Save Settings when changes have been finally made.
Given above are different ways to change Comcast password. You can change Comcast password for different reasons like if too many users have been logged into your network and some unknown people have also come to know about your password and have logged into your network. Comcast provides high speed quality network to its users. Whenever you need to get right network, you can get it by using Comcast.