How to Make Backups Using CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is services that back up your website automatically and save it on the cloud. The CodeGuard monitor the website constantly and keep you informed of any activity or changes. CodeGuard is a paid website backup service that is available on different plans. One can also take 14 days of free trial version if you want to better know about this service.
If you want make backup of your Wordpress website using CodeGuard, then you need to follow the steps mentioned in this article.
- First of all, go to the official CodeGuard website and then click on Start Your Free Trial tab. Now a sign up page will open where you need to enter the information into required field and then click on Start My Free Trial.
- Now enter a new password for your CodeGuard account and then re-enter it to confirm, and then click on Next Step. After that, Add Your Website page will open. And now enter your website’s URL and then enter your FTP information into required field.
- After providing the FTP/SFTP details, click on Test Connection icon and then CodeGuard will show you a success message. Click on Connect Your Website tab.
- Now CodeGuard will show all the files that is stored in your server. And then choose the folder that contains all the files and then click on Select Root Directory button. Scroll down to Select Website Content menu. Choose all the files and folders.
- After that, click on Begin First Backup tab and then you will see a success message. This time CodeGuard will begin to start your Wordpress files to their cloud servers. Now you need to connect your database with your database hostname or IP address, MySQL etc.
- Enter your database information into given field and then login to your cPanel account, click on Remote MySQL tab. Now copy and paste your IP address and then click on Next button.
After that, CodeGuard will begin to backup your website’s database to their cloud servers.