What to Do When You Forgot Apple Laptop Password?
The Macintosh or regularly known as the mac is a gathering of PCs laid out, made, and sold by Apple Inc. since January 1984. The main Macintosh was the association's first mass-promote PC that incorporated a graphical UI, worked in screen and mouse. Now there are many times that you may forgot your apple laptop password. If something like this happens with you then you don’t have to worry even a bit.
How to Recover a Forgotten Apple Laptop Password?
There are many ways to recover apple laptop forgot password. Some are listed below:
- Get a password hint
- Change the password from another account
- Use Recovery Mode to change your password
- Use Target Disk Mode
Recovery Mode to Change Your Password
Apple includes a tool to replace a Mac's password. This is the best option if you have completely forgotten your password. The following steps will guide you how to do so:
- Turn off your Mac. For that you choose Apple and then select Shut Down.
- Then you press the power button by holding down Command + R. The Mac will now boot into recovery.
- When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
- Then you have to select Disk Utility and press Continue.
- You choose the option of Utilities and then select Terminal.
- Now you enter reset password and press Return.
- Select the volume containing the account. Normally this will be your main hard drive.
- You choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
- Now enter a new password and then re-enter it into the password fields.
- Enter a new password hint related to the password.
- Now you click on Save.
- After that a warning will appear on the screen that the password has changed, but not the Keychain Password. You select OK.
- Now you shut down your laptop by Clicking Apple and then on Shut Down.
- You can start up the Mac and can log in using the new password.
You may share your experience, how much useful this article is, that help us to improve page information, which is directly beneficial for other Apple laptop users.