What will you do if someone hacked your Gmail account? Get all the information here
Have you ever been wondered that your Gmail account showing some activities that you have never done? If it is so then there might be chances that your Gmail account has been hacked. Whenever you go to the websites and use apps using your Gmail account and you are asked to check your Gmail account settings. This is also one of the signs that can explain that a security breach has happened with your Gmail account. This may happen due to using an unauthentic device on which you have once log in to your Gmail account. Consequently, your login credentials were being stored to the device and that is being used by someone else. If something like happens then probably your Gmail account has been hacked by someone.
Once you verify that your account has been hacked, you should make some steps in order to unlock Gmail hacked account. If you are unaware of the procedure and looking for help then this article has taken care of all users and hence a comprehensive explanation about the hacked account is mentioned here. All you need is to read the content patiently and follow the steps also you will get to know whether your account is hacked or not as sometimes due to some technical glitches Gmail might show some unwanted notifications about the activities which are being done by the users.
Some points to make sure that your Gmail account has been hacked
However, if you notice any of the given symptoms in the behaviour of your Gmail account. Someone else might be using your Gmail account.
- When you start receiving emails of visiting unfamiliar websites and apps.
- If you cannot access the apps and website which are logged in with your Gmail Account.
- On checking sent emails, you will find some random emails sent to unknown or unfamiliar email addresses.
- Also, you will receive notifications if any unusual activities happened with your Gmail ID.
- When you don't get any new email in a long time.
- In addition, an attempt of changing Gmail password appears in the notification.
- On entering the right password, you are not able to log in with your Gmail account.
- Or else, you may get a notification of login on an unknown device with your Gmail account.
If such activities or notifications appear you should immediately reset your password and always enable the two steps verification to your Gmail account. If you can sign in to your Gmail account then you can recover Gmail hacked account password easily by following the given steps.
- If you successfully log in to your Gmail account then go to settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- After that, choose ‘Accounts and Import’ tab from the available option.
- And then go to ‘Change Password’ option under the ‘Change Account Settings’ option,
- Thereafter, you need to enter your Gmail account password for the recovery of Gmail hacked account and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Further, you need to create a strong password for your account and re-enter the password in the provided space to confirm the changes and click on the Change Password button.
In this way, you will no longer see Gmail hacked account password and you will have full access to your account. In addition, if you are not able to sing in as your Gmail account has been hacked. You would require to follow the steps mentioned below.
How to get access on Gmail hacked account?
Though the procedure to recover Gmail hacked account a matter of few clicks, one can regain Gmail account access if it is hacked. Even to make the task easier a series of steps has explained here all you need is to follow the steps as mentioned.
- Before doing anything else to recover a hacked Gmail account, the user will require going to the Google Account Recovery page.
- On reaching recovery page, you will require to type Gmail account address and tap on the ‘Continue’ option.
- After that, you will prompt to enter the last remember password of your Gmail account. Or else, you can click on the I Don't Know' option available over there.
- Furthermore, you will see 'Verify your identity' option on the screen, you need to click on it.
- Once the verification steps complete, it will redirect you to Google password reset page in order to unlock Gmail hacked account.
- Thereafter, you can reset a new password for the Gmail account and in order to confirm the Gmail account password, re-enter the password.
- Moreover, on completing the previous step, you will be able to regain its full access your hacked Gmail account without facing any kind of difficulty.
Besides, somehow, you are having issues in the recovery of Gmail hacked account you can freely contact the Gmail help desk which is accessible 24*7 to provide you a complete help.